| David Gane
I've talked twice about story writing in my daughter's grade 7/8 class. The photo above is proof that I can't draw to save my life.
Yeah, yeah, I know, I missed several weeks. I'm back though to put something up for this week.
- Oldie but a goodie: Jessica Hische's chart from 2011 to answer the question, Should I Work For Free. Although it's for designers, I think it applies to writers as well.
- I really liked this post about Farnam Street about reading. Even though I've stalled out for a bit on Infinite Jest, the idea of committing to reading a reasonable set number of pages every day is how I approached my return to books.
- As I prep for class (starts Monday!), I knew this documentaryfrom Haskell Wexler about sleep deprivation and the film industry would be something I'd share with them.
- Have I not shared F the Internet on Friday links? How have I really not shared this?
- I don't why I love this moment with a brown bear so much but: a) I think it's scary as hell. Look at the size of those paws! b) Look at him, he's scary but kind of cute. c) I like how he sits there and considers life (yes, I know I'm anthropomorphizing). d) I'm pretty sure he's considering, "Should I go down catch a fish or just eat this human beside me." e) I love that the human survives in the end by just yelling at it.
- Yes, I'm still chewing through Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace (currently 3/10ths done).