Angie Counios and David Gane are the award-winning writing team of the Shepherd & Wolfe mystery series. They’ve known each other nearly 20 years, first as in-laws when David married Angie’s sister, before collaborating together on screenplays and novels since 2003.
Angie teaches by day and writes film scripts and fiction the rest of the time. When she’s not teaching or writing, she’s packing a bag for another adventure, completing a goal list, playing with her camera, or practising yoga.
David is a writer, teacher, and stay-at-home dad. He writes film scripts and fiction and has also composed poetry, plays, and academic film reviews. He occasionally teaches screenwriting at the University of Regina.
The Shepherd & Wolfe Mysteries
Tony Shepherd and Charlie Wolfe are two high school students who have special fascination in pursuing clever psychopaths.
- The Shepherd & Wolfe Mysteries are an internationally-award winning series.
- They are the first three books of a five book series. The next two will come out in 2019 and 2020.
- Story occurs in Saskatchewan, including the city of Regina and a lake up north. The final two books will move across Canada.
- Although written for young adults, this mystery series has attracted a strong adult audience.
- Readers appreciate our tight, short chapters (often 1-4 pages long), helping them 'binge-read."
- The short chapters also help parents of reluctant readers, teenagers who must be encouraged to pick up a book to read.
Along Comes a Wolfe
When high school student Sheri Beckman has disappeared. When a massive search turns up nothing, her boyfriend, Tony Shepherd, joins forces with a wise-ass troublemaker named Charlie Wolfe to find out what happened.
But Charlie’s investigations aren’t always legal, so when another missing girl is found dead, Tony must decide whether doing right might sometimes mean doing wrong. Together, Shepherd and Wolfe must find a ruthless killer and stop him before someone else dies.
After the unbelievable events of last fall, Tony could use a break. But his relaxing family summer at the lake crashes to a halt when Charlie arrives at the cabin after a local man goes missing.
But nothing is ever simple when Charlie’s around, and soon the boys are again caught in a dark tangle of violence and danger. If they’re not careful, their search could bring harm to more than just themselves... Can Tony protect his family and keep Charlie out of trouble?
Wolfe in Shepherd's Clothing
When Charlie winds up homeless, Tony’s family takes him in. But Tony’s parents have one request: No more mysteries! The boys want to keep their word ... but someone is leaving dismembered bodies around the city and Detective Gekas is asking what they know.
Soon, Tony and Charlie are caught in a labyrinth of lies and death—and not everyone is as they seem. Can the boys escape unscathed or will someone they care about end up dead?